Hello all, now, one of my cooking staples has always been the cheesy crescent dog. Which yes, is basically an oversized pig in a blanket, but more meal worthy and less of an appetizer. But today I thought I’d put a twist on that, and told myself I’d write about for this week’s blog entry if they came out as delicious as I imagined. And they did, so here we are with another recipe from Mike’s Kitchen. I don’t make healthy, but I make awesome. For starters, here’s what you’ll need to make these bits of awesome in a roll.
1. Package of Pillsbury Grands Crescent Rolls.
2. 1 Jar of Cheese Whiz
3. Can of chili, without beans.
4. Package of hot dogs. ( I like the variations in my rolls, your cheese infused dogs, or your newer bacon or jalapeno variants, but to each their own I always say.)
5. Baking pan
6. Aluminum foil, (makes for an easy clean up at the end)
- Step one, heat up your cheese whiz in the microwave til its more of it’s cheese spread use rather than the jar of cheese dip that it starts out as for spreadability.
- 2, break out your aluminum foil to put on the baking pan
- 3. Unroll your first four rolls on the tray
- 4. Use a spoon to scoop out a spoonful of cheese whiz (makes the medicine go down) and spread it out over the rolls
- 5. Now add a spoonful of chili to each roll
- 6. Add your hot dogs and roll them up as best you can. This part is where it starts to get messy, but they’re worth it, trust me.
7. Repeat process til your tray is full, or til you use up all 8 rolls, whichever happens first, then pop them in the oven set to 350 degrees, and wait about 10-15 minutes.
Let them cool an additional five to ten minutes after so they’re easier to put on the plate and enjoy. They’re messy, but delicious, and should make anyone, especially guys from ages 3-93 happy and full. If you have any recipe ideas that you’d like me to try, just leave a comment below, I’m always on the lookout to try new things in cooking. Til next time ya’ll.